Wordt gegeven door
Beknopte omschrijving inhoud module
Stop complaining about the weather. Instead, try to make use of it!
Water is not conductive in its pure form… luckily it almost never is.
Using this fact, during the workshop we will learn basic electronics and use it to create a light object that becomes alive in bad weather.
In short: we will make small circuits that will light up when it rains. Uitgebreide omschrijving inhoud module
This course aims to get you acquainted with the basics of electronics and making simple circuits. A start in being able to develop ideas to work creatively with the medium. Leerdoelen
Learn to: – make and execute a concept for a simple light object
- know how basic circuits work
- solder electronic components
- breaking the ice – intro!
- how circuits work
- learn what are parallel and series circuits
- understand prototyping and using a breadboard
- Ohm’s law
- making tests of water conductivity with aluminium tape and LED’s
- brainstorming and designing circuits according to ideas and results
- cnc milling the circuits and testing them
- finishing the objects and testing them in public space (if it rains; in case of no rain we will simulate it indoors)
Lesvorm workshop with a small group of students; learning by doing
Based on the water graffitti project http://inhabitat.com/water-light-graffiti-led-wall-in-france-needs-only-water-to-paint-a-picture/water-light-graffiti-antonin-fourneau-8/
5 to 10e
The workshop is aimed at anyone who wants to learn basic electronics, especially students of Fine arts, Animation, Audiovisual Design, Product Design, Lifestyle, Illustration, Graphic Design and Advertising. No specific technical skills are required.PS: We hope that you are not afraid of water.