Setting up the Monitor Speakers
This article describes how to set up the KRK Monitor Speakers on the Interaciton Station in a stereo (2-speaker) setup. You can use it for connecting a laptop and/or a microphone. How to set up the speakers in a quadrophonic setup (4-speakers) might be explained in the future, you can contact Thomas for now.
Setting up the monitor speakers in a stereo setup
- First, make sure the monitor speakers are switched off on the back side! Connect them to the power with the Euro cables. Leave them off for now. Make sure the VOLUME knob on the back of both speakers is set the same (typically 0 dB)
- Connect the Mixer to the power source with the accompanying power supply.
- Connect 2 TRS Cables to the left and right MAIN OUT output on the mixer. Connect the other sides to the TRS input on the monitor speakers.
- For connecting a laptop, connect it to the mixer's 2-TRACK INPUT with the minijack-to-chinch cable. And / or connect a microphone using an XLR cable. (when connecting a microphone, set the two leftmost white knobs on the mixer to the middle position)
- Make sure the MAIN MIX volume knob (bottom right) is turned all the way down. Only then power on the monitors. Finally, slowly raise the MAIN MIX volume to test if the sound is working.