Getting Started With Arduino
What is "Arduino" about?
The Arduino can be seen as a small computer which can be attached to a real computer or run as a stand alone device. The Arduino, using sensors, can measure temperature, light value and switch on or off motors, lights.
- website and download the software: http://arduino.cc/
- Lynda.com - Up and Running with Arduino: http://www.lynda.com/Arduino-tutorials/Up-Running-Arduino/162273-2.html?srchtrk=index:1%0Alinktypeid:2%0Aq:arduino%0Apage:1%0As:relevance%0Asa:true%0Aproducttypeid:2
Where to buy (example)
- starterskit: http://floris.cc/shop/en/starter-kits/1019-hogeschool-rotterdam-arduino-kit-complete.html
- arduino alone: http://www.conrad.nl/ce/nl/product/092024/Arduino-Uno-development-board?ref=searchDetail
- lilypad (you need an FTDI interface): http://arduino.cc/en/Main/arduinoBoardLilyPad
- pro mini (cheapest I know of) (you need an FTDI interface): http://www.dx.com/p/arduino-pro-mini-microcontroller-circuit-board-blue-5v-16mhz-178183#.U1jXKMer_BU
Cheapest arduino's and sensors, led's, jumperwires etc
- http://www.dx.com/, no shipping costs, but you have to wait a few weeks, planning in advance!