Unity and Vuforia Tutorials 2021
Before installing Vuforia, you'll need to install Git. A reboot is most likely required after installing Git.
Afterwards you can download the Vuforia install package from this link:
If you're working on a machine at school that doesn't have Git installed, you can use this alternate method:
- Go to this link: https://dev.azure.com/vuforia-engine/unity-extension/_git/com.ptc.vuforia.engine/
- Click the three dots to select ‘Download as Zip’
- Make sure to copy the zip from the downloads folder to the data store drive (ie. E:\)
- Unzip the .zip file, make sure that zip is extracted with the folder name “com.ptc.vuforia.engine”, if the folder is just named Vuforia it won’t work. On windows you right click and select 7-zip/extract as com.ptc.vuforia.engine, (or in Dutch uitpakken als com.ptc.vuforia.engine)
- In Unity go to Window/Package Manager
- In the package manager click the + button in the top left corner and select “add package from disk”
- Navigate to the com.ptc.vuforia.engine folder and select the .json file in that folder.
01. Getting started with Vuforia in Unity. This video also includes info on how to publish to Android devices.
02. This supplemental video covers how to publish to iOS devices:
03. Adding UI elements, such as buttons and image overlays to your project:
04. Using the Vuforia OnTargetFound and OnTargetLost events to trigger actions when a target is fond or lost:
05. Making your augmented game objects interactive by responding to clicks or touches:
06. Preparing video content for Unity, working with the Unity Video player:
Here are some external tutorials which may be useful
Working with multiple virtual buttons: